Timestamps allow you to share and discuss the exact part of a broadcast that matters most, the second it happens.
Now, you have the control to select the exact part of a broadcast you care about, and share it with your Periscope followers, on Twitter or Facebook, or as a link. The broadcast will start to play at the exact part you selected, so you can talk about it right away.
After viewers have caught up on the selected part, they can jump ahead to watch the broadcast in real-time. Public broadcasts can be shared using Timestamps as long as they have not been deleted.
Periscope on iOS and Android
When you come across a part of a broadcast that you would like to share:
- Tap the button at the bottom of the broadcast screen.
- Select either Share Live (or Share From Beginning, if in replay mode), or Share From (insert timestamp). In first option, the video will start to play live (or from the beginning, if in replay mode). In the second option, the broadcast will start to play at the exact part you select.
- You can tap and hold to scrub forwards and backwards, to choose the exact part you want to share. When choosing a part to share, keep in mind that only the previous two minutes of the broadcast can be shared. For example, if you select a moment 12 minutes into a broadcast, you can share it starting at 10 minutes and ending at 12 minutes.
- Select who you want to share the broadcast with. You can choose to share to All Followers, Specific Followers, Twitter, Facebook, or Share Link.
- Tapping All Followers will share the broadcast with all of your Periscope followers automatically.
- Choosing Share Link will pull up a menu from which you can select where you want to share the link. You will be able to share the link to select apps on your device or you can tap Copy to share the link outside of the Periscope app.
- If you select Specific Followers, you will be prompted to select which Groups or Mutuals you would like to share the broadcast with. If you choose Twitter or Facebook, you will have the option to edit your Tweet or Facebook Post before tapping Tweet or Post.
When you come across a part of a live or replay broadcast that you would like to share:
- Tap the Share button in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The Share Broadcast screen will pop up. Use the sliding bar to scrub forwards and backwards, to choose the exact part you want to share.
- Select Tweet, Share, or Copy Link.
- Click Done.
- If you select Tweet or Share, you will have the option to edit your Tweet or Facebook Post before clicking Tweet or Post.
- If you choose to Copy Link, the link will be copied automatically for you to share.