Ready to join the Periscope community? We can’t wait to see what you’ll share! Creating a Periscope account is easy. You can download our app from the iTunes App store or the Google Play Store.
To sign up with Twitter:
- Sign in using your Twitter credentials. If you have multiple Twitter accounts on your device, you will be prompted to choose which one you want to sign up with.
- Your Twitter profile picture and bio will migrate over to your Periscope account, and we will build a list of suggested followers based on who you follow on Twitter. Remember, Periscope doesn't automatically import your Twitter followers.
- Enter your name.
- Choose a Periscope username (handle). This can be different from your current Twitter handle.
- Your bio information transfers over from Twitter; you can always edit it in your Periscope profile.
- Make sure you're using Periscope on the phone you want to sign up with.
- Once you're on the login screen tap Sign Up with Phone Number.
- Enter the required info and tap Send Confirmation Code.
- You'll receive an SMS with your confirmation code. Pop that in the prompt.
- If you have problems, tap Resend Confirmation Code.
- You'll go back to the login screen, wait for a few and then you'll be redirected to create your profile! Remember, your username needs to be 2 or more characters.
When you logout of or quit Periscope, tap Log In with Phone Number and you'll be prompted to enter your phone number and send a confirmation code again. Don't worry, you're not going through the sign up process again, this is just a different way to log into Periscope. It replaces the use of a username/password combination. We only use your phone number to log you into your account; it will not be used in any other way.