You can now connect your Periscope account to your Google account for logging in and finding contacts on Periscope.
To connect your Google account to your Periscope account:
- Log into your Periscope account on iOS.
- Go to your profile.
- Scroll down and select Connected Accounts.
- Tap Connect Google.
- Enter your email or phone and tap Next.
- Enter your Google password and tap Next.
- If you have two factor authentication setup for your Google account, you’ll need to complete this before your account can be connected.
- You’ll be redirected back to the Periscope app and your Google account should be connected. Your Google account can only be associated with one Periscope account.
- Once you have connected your Google account, you will be asked if you would like to sync your Google contacts. If you agree to sync your contacts by pressing the Sync Contacts button and following the instructions in the Google modal, we will be able to suggest Periscope users to you that are in your Google contact book.
When you choose to connect your Periscope account to your Google account, the Google authentication dialog screen specifies the Google account information that you authorize sharing with Twitter, including your email. Once your Google account is connected to your Periscope account, you can additionally choose to give us access to your Google contacts. If you choose to give us access to your Google contacts, you will begin receiving broadcast suggestions based on your Google contacts who are on Periscope. You won’t receive push notifications for these suggestions. If you logout of your Google Account on Periscope, you will need to reauthorize our access to your Google contacts when you log back in to continue receiving broadcast suggestions based on your Google contacts who are on Periscope.
If you disconnect your Google account from Periscope, we will delete the Google account information that you authorize sharing with Twitter, including your email. Please note that it may take up to a few weeks for this information to be fully removed from our systems.