You can now login to Periscope using your Facebook account for logging in and sharing your broadcasts on Facebook. You can set this up on iOS.
To connect your Facebook account to your Periscope account:
- Log into your Periscope account on iOS.
- Go to your profile.
- Scroll down and select Connected Accounts.
- Tap Connect Facebook.
- Log into your Facebook account.
- If you have the Facebook app installed on your device, you can log in with the app.
- If you don’t have the Facebook app installed, enter your email or phone and Facebook password.
- If you have two factor authentication setup for your Facebook account, you’ll need to complete this before your account can be connected.
- You’ll be redirected back to the Periscope app and your Facebook account should be connected. Your Facebook account can only be associated with one Periscope account.
When you connect your Facebook account to your Periscope account, you’ll begin receiving broadcast suggestions based on your Facebook Friends who are on Periscope.
Looking to share your broadcasts on Facebook? Learn how here.
To control who sees your Periscope Broadcasts and username, go to your Facebook Application settings and click Edit for the Periscope app to restrict who can see your Periscope Broadcasts on your Facebook wall. Unless you have explicitly chosen to connect your Periscope account to your Facebook account, we will not cross-post to Facebook on your behalf, or display on Facebook your Periscope username, profile picture, or other profile information.
When you choose to connect your Periscope account to your Facebook account, the Facebook authentication dialog screen specifies the Facebook account information that you authorize sharing with Twitter, including your public profile and email. This information allows us to cross-post between Periscope and Facebook and may help us improve your Periscope experience, for example, with better suggestions and content on Periscope. If you disconnect your Facebook account from Periscope, we will delete the Facebook account information that you previously authorized. Please note that it may take up to a few weeks for this information to be fully removed from our systems.